Welcome to Wayman's Pilot Industry Update. The latest information in the aviation industry, airlines, pilot hiring in South Florida and internationally.
This weeks pilot update includes:
- 33 Youth Fly at North Perry Airport Day
- United gives pilots 5% raises early after contract talks turn rocky
- How airlines plan to create a new generation of pilots amid fears of decade-long cockpit crisis
- Study Explores Emotional Intelligence In U.S. Pilots
- THE UPS AND DOWNS OF BEING A COMMERCIAL PILOT
Send us your News, press releases, and links to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. 33 Youth Fly at North Perry Airport Day
Matthew was one of 33 youth that experienced flying over South Florida for the first time on Saturday, November 12. It was an EAA Young Eagles flight hosted by the North Perry Airport Community Association (NPACA.net). It is a collective effort on behalf of the EAA and local pilots to introduce youth to the opportunities available in aviation.
2. United gives pilots 5% raises early after contract talks turn rocky
United Airlines is giving pilots 5% raises — part of a pandemic cost-reduction agreement — months ahead of schedule, days after pilots overwhelmingly rejected a new contract agreement.
3. How airlines plan to create a new generation of pilots amid fears of decade-long cockpit crisis
An acute pilot shortage for major airlines including United, Delta, American and Southwest is forcing the industry to rethink how it trains pilots and recruits the next generation of aviation labor in the cockpit.
4. THE UPS AND DOWNS OF BEING A COMMERCIAL PILOT - PART 1
This is the first in a three-part series that talks about flying airliners and some of the challenges this pilot sees for the profession. In Part 1 we’ll discuss ups and downs of being a commercial pilot.
5. Study Explores Emotional Intelligence In U.S. Pilots
A recently published study found significant differences in trait emotional intelligence (trait EI) in pilots compared to the general U.S. population.