Welcome to Wayman's Pilot Industry Update. The latest information in the aviation industry, airlines, pilot hiring in South Florida and internationally.
This weeks pilot update includes:
- American Airlines drops 3 cities from service, blaming pilot shortage, 'soft demand'
- 'I'm a Southwest Airlines Pilot, The Airline Isn't What It Used To Be'
- HIGH FLYER I’m a pilot’s daughter and there are some amazing perks including flying the world for free
- An immediate fix to the pilot shortage is being ignored
- The cargo hauling aircraft with no pilots on board
Send us your News, press releases, and links to email@example.com
American Airlines is closing three more flight routes this spring due to low demand and an ongoing pilot shortage.
The account that follows is written through my lens: a professional pilot with 25 years of flying experience, 17 at Southwest Airlines. My experiences as a pilot include the massive shock and uncertainty after the tragic events of September 11, 2001 and, recently, the effects of COVID lockdowns and mandates.
The 24-year-old showcased a typical travel day for when she is travelling with her pilot father on a standby seat.
Wouldn’t it be better to raise the forced retirement age from 65 to 67 to keep qualified individuals on the flight deck?
This take on drone delivery will bear fruit when the prototype cargo aircraft takes to the air.